Saba is a popular name for Pacific Mackerel that is commonly eaten all over the world. It is a typically oily fish characterised by its firm flesh and strong taste. High in protein, low in carbohydrates, and rich in omega-3 and unsaturated fatty acids, it makes a healthy meal for infants and pregnant women. Saba Shio-yaki is the purest way to enjoy quality Saba. Pre-grilled only with salt, it brings out the original flavour of the fish to its greatest extent.
- Origin: Japan
- Each packet contains 2 pieces
- Fish comes frozen and needs to be heated up
- Fish comes precooked, and can be heated up via pan fry, grill, microwave or by immersing the packet in boiling water
- Paired best with steaming hot Japanese rice or Japanese noodles in a shoyu/tsuyu broth
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and grated Japanese radish
Staff Review: Itadakimasu! This dish is right out of a Japanese anime or TV drama! Most commonly seen eaten at breakfast, but makes a great meal all times of the day. If you are lazy to pan fry some unmarinated Saba, this is for you.