Sake (or sometimes Shake) is Chum Salmon, a salmon species that is commonly found in Japan. Sake is different from the farmed Atlantic Salmon that we enjoy so much. It is less rich and fatty, with leaner flesh more suited for cooking and daily consumption. If you are environmentally conscious as well, Chum Salmon is a more environmentally friendly alternative to farmed Altantic Salmon as they are harvested and farmed sustainably in Japan. Sake Shio-yaki is the purest way to enjoy the natural taste of the salmon and pre-grilled only with salt, it brings out the original flavour of the fish to its greatest extent.
- Origin: Japan
- Each packet contains 2 pieces
- Fish comes frozen and needs to be heated up
- Fish comes precooked, and can be heated up via pan fry, grill, microwave or by immersing the packet in boiling water
- Paired best with steaming hot Japanese rice or Japanese noodles in a shoyu/tsuyu broth
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and grated Japanese radish
Staff Review: Definitely leaner that Atlantic Salmon, but with a less artificial color and taste! This is what wild and natural tasting Salmon tastes like!