How To Cook: Naoko-san's Sakura Ebi Rice Ball with Rich Shrimp & Tomato Soup
Taking your Maazel Maazel's Rich Shrimp & Tomato Soup to the next level with Naoko-san's simple yet hearty dish!
What you need:
- Japanese Rice - 250ml
- Water - 235ml
- Dashi stock - 1 Tbsp
- Dried Sakura Ebi - 1 Tbsp
- Maazel Maazel Rich Shrimp & Tomato Soup - 2 Packs
- Cling wrap
- Salted Sakura leaf - 1pc
- Bubu Arare (rice crackers) - 5 Tbsp
- Shiso (Ohba) leaves - 4pcs
- Vegetable Oil
What To Do:
Wash the rice with running water until the starch is removed. Strain and put into rice cooker.
- Add in the water, dashi stock and dried sakura ebi and leave to cook for 30 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, soak the salted sakura leaf in water for 15 minutes to remove excess saltiness. Wipe off excess water and slice finely.
- Add the sakura leaf slices into the cooked rice and mix well.
To make the rice balls, spread the cling film on a table and lay 1 tablespoon of rice in the centre. Wrap it into a ball by twisting the film.
- Remove the film and repeat the process to make 3 more balls.
- To prepare the garnish, add oil into a frying pan and heat well. Put the Shiso leaves and deep-fry until crispy.
- Lastly, to make warm Maazel Maazel's soup, place the packs of soup into a pot of boiling water and let it heat for 3 minutes. You can also heat it up in a microwave, pouring it out into a bowl and heating it up for 1 minute.
- To serve, pour the soup into serving bowl/plate and lay the rice ball. Scatter Bubu Arare and garnish the Shiso leaf on top!
Note: This recipe is good 4 pax :)
Follow Naoko-san on Instagram @naokoskitchensg and check out more of her recipes!