How to Cook: Naoko-san's Spinach Somen Salad with Salmon & Butter Ponzu Sauce
Using a special salt-free spinach somen, Naoko-san shows us how to recreate your very own refreshing somen salad right from your home!
What you need:
- Yuzu Ponzu - 150ml
- Water - 250ml
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Vegetables (tomato, cucumber, lettuce, avocado, spring onion etc.)
- Sesame seeds
What to do:
- Pour water in a pot and bring it to the boil. Plunge the somen into it and let it for 2 - 2.30 minutes, stirring it from time to time. Strain and rinse off excess starch with cold running water then set it aside.
- Open the cans of silver salmon and strain the soy sauce into a small sauce pan. Keep the soy sauce aside.
- Spoon the salmon into a bowl and add in the yuzu kosho paste and Mayonnaise. Mix well.
- To make the dressing, add yuzu ponzu, water, the soy sauce from the cans with the butter into a small saucepan. Gently heat till all the butter is melted. Once combined, remove your dressing from the heat and set aside.
- To plate, twirl your Somen noodles into a serving plate/bowl and pile the salmon on top. Garnish with vegetables and Ikura. Drizzle the dressing over and serve immediately.
Note: This recipe is good 4 pax :)
Follow Naoko-san on Instagram @naokoskitchensg and check out more of her recipes!