How to Cook: Pork Tonkatsu Mille Feuille
This special tonkatsu fillet is one of our most popular products! However, it can be a little tricky to prepare if you don't know how. Here's how to get the best possible tonkatsu mille feuille in your home.
Note: we will be instructing you how to cook it in a traditional frying pan. The tonkatsu mille feuille can be cooked via air frying or deep frying as well.
- Thaw the mille feuille. It doesn't need to be fully thawed to room temperature, it just needs to not be frozen. It can also be thawed overnight in your chiller.
- Heat about 1-1.5 inches of cooking oil in your pan until it starts to smoke.
- Fry the mille feuille in the pan till the side touching the pan starts to turn golden brown. At the same time, you will realise that the mille feuille is beginning to expand and inflate. That's the effect of the juices within the meat being released into the mille feuille! This shouldn't take more than 1.5-2 minutes.
- As it starts to inflate, flip the mille feuille and fry the other end until it is golden brown. The mille feuille should inflate fully at this point. This would take about another 1.5 minutes. Do not over cook it! If you over cook the tonkatsu mille feuille, it will start to deflate and become dry! The key is to keep those lovely pork juices within the tonkatsu.
- The finished mille feuille can be served with fragrant white rice, with Japanese curry or with traditional tonkatsu sauce and some shredded cabbage!