How to Prepare: Ready-to-eat Japanese Fish
Japan is known for its surprisingly delicious, yet easy-to-prepare meals! We carry a wide range of tasty yet convenient dishes which can easily be prepared at home. In this post, we’ll be walking you through the various methods of preparing our range of Marunami and exclusive Matsuoka Suisan fish fillets, and giving you some tips on how to take them to the next level!
Options we have:
- Marunami Buri Teriyaki
- Marunami Aka-uo Nitsuke
- Matsuoka Suisan Saba Miso-ni
- Matsuoka Suisan Karei Nitsuke
- Matsuoka Suisan Saba Shio-yaki
- Matsuoka Suisan Sake Shio-yaki
What to do:
Preparing these tasty fillets is simple! All varieties available on our site can be heated up via microwave or by immersing the packet in boiling water. You can also pan fry or grill our Saba Shio-yaki and Sake Shio-yaki.
- Transfer the fillet into a microwavable plate or container. For the best result, adding a splash of water to the fish and loosely covering it can help it retain its moisture.
- Microwave the fillet for 1 minute at 500 watts.
- For best taste, let stand for awhile before serving to let the heat dissipate evenly throughout the fish.
By immersing in boiling water:
- Place the whole packet into boiling water.
- Let fish rest until it reaches the desired temperature, remove the packet, and it’s ready to be served!
By pan fry:
- Heat the pan on low.
- Add the fish.
- Cover with foil.
- Check on the fish periodically to ensure fish is not overcooked. When done, serve!
- Wrap the fish loosely with foil to retain its moisture while grilling if desired
- Grill the fish to your desired degree, and serve!
The Final Touch:
All our Matsuoka Suisan fillets are best eaten with steaming hot Japanese rice, or with Japanese noodles in a shoyu or tsuyu broth.
Our Saba Shio-yaki and Sake Shio-yaki also taste great when garnished with a slice of lemon and grated Japanese radish!
Why wait? With our pre-seasoned fish selection, you too can easily enjoy the taste of Japanese seafood in your home today!